Monday, July 12, 2010

New commute

My bedroom has a view. My new bedroom. (Ah!) The view is this: Trees, flowers, sky (always with birds), ocean, and often deer. I left the house with a lunch and no makeup. I walked down a logging road through woods, across a pebbly beach, past the lagoon, and into the cove. The air was so delicious I had to stretch out my arms to try to catch more of it. I crossed paths with geese and goslings and a swan. I visited my ghostly little shipwreck on the beach. I lay in the sun and wind on the ferry and said ‘mmm, mmm.’ I listened to the finished half of my album on the bus. I thought this all morning: I am a lucky, lucky girl. When I leave work, I will do the whole thing in reverse. My commute – 4 hours a day wasted? Tell me a better way to spend my time.

No comments:

Post a Comment