Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Costumes & Variations

Sunday was our final day of mixing. There was the kind of stretched-rubber-band energy that comes with a deadline. I am really quite happy with 9 of the 11 songs. The 10th I'd give an 80%, the 11th... well, I feel 50/50 that's it's either deadly good or deadly bad.

I was able to speak my mind a bit, so that was good. They listened. Problem is that the 50/50 song either goes on the record as-is, or I scrape together some more money, book more studio time in September, re-record it... with non-guaranteed results.

This is the hardest thing about collaboration for me: telling the others that you're not as thrilled as they are. Damn, that's hard.

It's just a song. But how will it hang on me? Will it drape nicely? Will it dissolve into my skin? Maybe it will fall right off. It's one of my favourite songs- and maybe everyone will love its new sound. Not me though.

Fuck!

Tired and thinking about costumes. I don't want to wear so many costumes anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment