Thursday, August 5, 2010

Okay, you know what it is? I think it's an energetic thing.

I have never given too much thought to 'energy field' type stuff. But my Alexander teacher talks about it all the time, and on a straight-forward practical level, it seems indisputable that energy plays a huge part in everything.
I always go on about how bad I can feel in the city. And part of me feels a bit guilty about this. Because people are just people, and a higher concentration of them doesn't mean a sudden decline in human-goodness. People aren't meaner or... um, corrupted cause they like living in dense areas. So I wonder why it is that I can find cities so confrontive and provoking...
I guess it's because people living similar lifestyles all subscribe to similar ideals and worship similar idols. If they didn't, they would vamoose, I think. It would be too lonely and weird. So, even though intellectually some might be opposed to what is being slurped up by all their cohorts, they still end up eating out of the same trough... because that's what being served up.

God, I sound like I'm trying to write an essay. Okay, I'll nerd-out on this another time. I'm getting late-night 'the sky is falling' work phone calls. Argh. I take back what I said about being the boss lady.

...

No comments:

Post a Comment