Wednesday, August 4, 2010

2 sizes


It would be nice to show this photo uncropped. But I'm a stickler for privacy and it always makes me crazy-mad when people put pictures of me on the internet without asking. My nephew is too young to give consent, and therefore, I will respect his web-anonymity! But just so you know, he is the the most - and I don't say this boastfully but factually- the MOST beautiful and radiant baby I've ever seen. Hands down.
Hands up!
This picture was from my weekend visit with Baby. He had never played a real piano before. So I sat him on my lap (he is just 7 months, by the way) and played some twinkle-little-star-like variations. Oh my heart! As soon as I started really playing, he turned his face up towards me in surprise. And broke into a huge smile. And sat there, staring straight up at me, in some kind of mystified awe, eyes beaming, as if to say, "How are you doing this?" It was just so moving. Baby, baby. Already full of music, and still so brand new. What a gift for me.
...

No comments:

Post a Comment