Wednesday, August 25, 2010

I am less Amish than I look...

Lily and I in a peaceful moment. I imagine there are lots of people who would call me an idiot for doing this.
I wouldn't feed an animal out in the wild. (Bowen doesn't really seem like 'the wild' for deer, since there are no real predators). I respect the natural order of things. But Lily is clearly already habituated to humans, and she has a pretty busy life of finding food for herself and her young, whether or not I feed her. Anyhow, she gets all the compost foods - like this bowl of green beans that were dry and mealy. She feasted like a queen on them. It's an amazing feeling to have a non-captive animal friend who regularly comes to visit. Even if her motives are plain. It takes the edge off loneliness, that's for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment