Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Correction

Okay, I'm being called on saying I was sexy 40 or 50 pounds ago.
I meant to say "I thought that I was..."

Isn't that stupid? Maybe from now on I should try to believe the exact opposite of what I assume people are thinking.

At least until I can stop thinking about what other people are thinking.

Changing topic to something else that has been on my mind: animals in human spaces (that we took over from animal spaces).

Nests, baby birds - swallows I think - in the underground parking garage at work. And also flocks of pigeons. Ants all over the house. Skunks living under the front porch. A beaver in Kitsilano. A raccoon strolling down the sidewalk on the Stanley Park causeway. I half expect to find a goldfish in the toilet bowl or a slug in the sink.
I don't really have any insights about this - I've just been noticing. Doesn't it strike you as somehow poignant? Kind of twistedly ironic and beautiful?

...

No comments:

Post a Comment