Wednesday, October 6, 2010

stealing away

...and one of the hardest things about not having control over people is when you want to help someone, and they don't want your help.

Been thinking about Darwin - watched some doc on him the other day - and evolution. I wonder when humans, as a whole, will realize that everything changes, and we usually can't guess how or when. That we are totally out of control, even though we feel in control.
What will happen then? Will we grow wings and take to the skies? I will for sure - it's happened in my dreams often enough. Oh man, I love those flying dreams.

I wonder, from an evolutionary standpoint, why we have such a capacity for emotions. But I shouldn't be stumbling into philosophy when I'm falling asleep at the computer. My thoughts are not walking in straight lines.

Tomorrow getting up bright and early to fly to TO to visit my gorgeous baby nephew. Not taking my laptop and that feels goooood.

Will finish off this list of 120 bands - so far I have reviewed 2/3rds of them... found a few gems and lots of garbage. From now on I'm going to buy an album a week and review it. For listening practice. To soothe my impatience at this endless snail-swift process of getting the album out.
Mastering Oct 25th, then finally the pressing.

May not blog from TO. All I want to do is squeeze a baby!

1 comment:

  1. Give that baby a good squeeze on his grandma's behalf too! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete