Sunday, October 31, 2010

dress-up

I almost forgot that it's Halloween. Considering how much I like to play dress-up, it's a bit of a shame that I'm not doing anything tonight - no costumes. But really, I don't care a bit. Last year I was in Japan on Halloween. A few times I saw some Halloween decorations in store windows in the trendier districts, but that was the extent of it. I don't get very excited over holidays anymore. Even Christmas - which used to be a big thing for me - has lost its sparkle. Why don't they make Labour Day a proper holiday? That, to me, is the real New Year. I don't give a hoot about January 1st. That's just the start of really crappy weather. I'd like to celebrate the New Year at the beginning of September, and then the Winter Solstice, cause it's beautiful, (and also my nephew's birthday), then coming of Spring, and then mid-summer. Costumes could be worn at all four events. When I was a little girl, I played a witch many times at Halloween. Once, I got to be a clown with this great costume that somebody made for me. Boy, what a great suit. I was a princess several times, a ghost, Medusa and many other witch-variations, the Sky, and... I think that's it. Maybe I was a cat once.
Speaking of cats, the Mouse Gut diagnosis was incorrect, and Charles is still at the vet, awaiting blood test results. It feels weird without having my buddy here. He's more social than some humans I know.
Well, Happy Halloween. I hope nobody blows off any fingers with firecrackers tonight - I was always afraid of that when I was a kid.

..

No comments:

Post a Comment