Tuesday, October 26, 2010

early one morning

Awake at 5:30 this morning, but in a good way. It's only 7, and my day is well underway. Have done laundry, cooked lunch, written some emails, and made some art. I love this feeling. I am unabashedly a morning person. Have just enough time to finish making a new envelope - this time for a friend. I'm oddly cheerful, considering it's pitch black outside and I'll be heading out for my 2-hour commute in the rain soon. Did I mention the rubber boots? I bought them when I went up to stay at the Ashram. They're heavy-duty camo boots from Canadian Tire. I never needed to use them, so they've just been a home for spiders... until yesterday! Why did I suffer so many rainy days in sodden runners? What was I thinking? I'm indomitable in these boots. So here's the uniform for the next 2 months: Knee-length rain slicker. Peak-cap toque. Rubber boots. Woolen wrist warmers. There's a great feeling of independence and security when you're well-equipped for the elements. And I've gotta say, with all due respect to long-johns, that there's nothing like a decent layer of body fat to keep you warm. Thank you, peanut butter cookie.
..

No comments:

Post a Comment