Friday, September 24, 2010

A mosquito got into my bed and now my face and neck are very itchy

A bit of a strange day. A muddle of work, car dealings, inaugural ceremonies, and random performances. My thoughts at various points of this day:
I have touched too many computers; I am bored. The bus driver would not have yelled at me if my hair was not blue. One day I will blow up the Honda dealership. Why didn't I become an aerial dancer? I should not have had ice cream for lunch. This juno-award winner is very very pretty but her songs are very very boring. And so on.

My favourite part of today was walking Cocoa - I crash at her owner's house twice a week now, so that means 2 great dog walks a week. I have such a fantastic new playlist to listen to, 120 bands that I've never heard of. I love - love - checking out new music while I'm walking. It's been a while since I actively pursued fresh music, so this is good. Gotta know what's out there.
Strangely, as I am writing this, I suddenly smell dog. Or is it chocolate? (Do you ever notice that fresh ground coffee smells strikingly similar to horse manure?) Last night I watched a Swedish movie, and one of the characters was named Dag. They pronounce it, "Dog." Cocoa the dog. Huh.
I also saw a Doppleganger of a person who is quite dear to me, but who lives far away. He was holding a violin, which was uncanny. Dopplegangers can really throw you for a loop. I guess I stared at him a bit - and he stared back. I wanted to tell him that I really miss his Doppleganger, and could I give him a hug? I wonder if I have a Doppleganger? Sometimes, I believe, people have animal Dopplegangers. Cocoa the dog reminds me a lot of another friend of mine.
I wonder if I should do a Master's in Interdisciplinary Arts? Maybe I could learn to make films. That might be good, because sometimes I think of music visually, and could make films aurally. I had a little idea for a film earlier because my tattoo was all puffy and itchy and I thought something really weird was happening. It turned out to be a mosquito bite.
This was a stupid blog. I have to go watch Mozart string quintets now. Goodbye.

No comments:

Post a Comment