Sunday, September 12, 2010

a feline compulsion

Today was fun - I spent the whole afternoon working on those four envelopes. Charles kept lying down in the middle of my work, so I had to torture him a fair bit.
I used to write a lot of letters, especially to my lovely friend/pen pal in Austria. We always put effort into crafting neat envelopes and writing on unusual papers. I've been neglectful lately (sorry, E!)... but still love the post. Always will. Love getting things in the mail, love sending things off. That's partly why I am so excited about this project.
First four packages, done. They're not spectacular, but will at least show some effort. I had to stick with collaging, since my other artsy skills are pretty much lacking. I made a big ol' mess and got lots of glue on myself. It was just like being a kid again - holed up in my bedroom with music on, rain coming down outside, and a desk covered in art projects. A pretty great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment