Saturday, September 11, 2010

F the tcb!

Oh boy, does it ever feel good to have my 2 days off at home now. Sittin' in the good spot, with the cat and the tea and some canteloupe for breakfast. No plans today - take that, to-do-list, you old bastard. I've been living for tcb these last 2 weeks, and I'm sick of it. The list just keeps growing, two new items cropping up for every one I get crossed off.
No, today is the kind of day where I lay stationed on this couch, reading, and responding to such occasional comments from my mom as, "I think it's better to be a wildebeast than a penguin," and musing about that.
Earlier she said, "You know, spontaneous friends - they're hard to come by." And this is true! We've both observed that it's damn hard to get anyone to come to the island for a visit. But I notice this the most when I'm in the city, and suddenly have a free evening, and fancy some company. I only have 1 spontaneous friend in town, and he's usually busy. For crying out loud, why can't I find a single person to hang out with for 2 hours? Remember when you were a kid, and the doorbell would ring, and it would be the kid next door asking to play, and you'd drop your lego and go outside? Too many plans these days, too much structure. Too many to-do lists. I'm gonna play outside today and play the piano and maybe play with some paper and scissors and glue, but free-form. All free-form.

..

No comments:

Post a Comment