Friday, January 14, 2011

frogcakes

Hot and dry today. A long walk at mid-day left me badly in need of a shave ice. I found some. It was just like a big cup of pina-colada flavoured snow. Delicious. I got to thinking about dead frogs. See a lot of them on the roads here. Abstract, crispy, flat skins of frogs in dark stains of ...ex-frog flesh? It's an odd sight. Reminds me of all the snake-pancakes I've seen in summertimes back home. Then I wondered if frogs shed their skins like snakes. Unlikely but maybe not impossible, I thought. I never paid much attention in Biology - just enough to know that nature is full of surprises. So I did some youtube research, and yes, frogs do shed their skin. But they don't leave it behind on the road. They eat it! Check out this charming frog sloughing off and gulping it down. Listen closely - hear that music in the background?
It's The Bossa Nova Slough, baby.



I worked hard and fast this morning so I could finish early and go find some fun. I rented a scooter. (My first time driving one of those things.) After a few dozen laps around the parking lot, I scooted off, and kept scooting til I came to a beach. Then I swam and I swam til the sun went down.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment