Thursday, January 13, 2011

Abracadabra

My God what a storm! I can't remember ever experiencing so much thunder, lightning and torrential rain. It started yesterday afternoon, and is still going strong this morning. I don't think I'll be going anywhere today, except maybe for a swim in the backyard with my boogie board. Heh heh. But I suspect that all the roads around me will be flooded... fine, since I have plenty to eat and drink and a mountain of books to read, writing to do, a keyboard to play. Tomorrow and the rest of the weekend is going to be sunny. Coastal BC, take a lesson. Rain then sun then rain then sun...
Last night I dreamed (in between claps of thunder) that I was about to play a show for an audience of thousands. All kinds of people were tossing me around, designing costumes for me, doing insane things with my hair, showing me the pyro-technics. It was fun. I had a nagging concern, the whole time though, as I had never rehearsed with the band and hadn't even practiced for many weeks. I knew I was going to forget half the music onstage. Which I did... but that was okay, because we put on such a spectacu-diculous show, that I was able to make the audience think that my false-starts and falters were a dream. Abracadabra.
..

No comments:

Post a Comment