Sunday, January 16, 2011

Conversion

It was another bloody amazing day. Maybe even one of the most memorable of all my travels. At some point, floating in the ocean over mountains and valleys, I realized something. I seem to have become a hedonist. Who would've guessed? A quick play-by-play of yesterday: a sweet morning ride on the scooter. A new beach, a snorkeler's haven - a couple hours drifting over a coral universe. Startled upon a huge turtle. Suffered heart tremors of joy/eruptions of awe. Followed him slowly around the bay, forgot about human existence. Later, woke up on another beach, this one packed full of children playing in the surf. Spent an hour there, jumping over full-Posiedon-force waves. Then onto the lava fields and bird-spying, and then the ranch. Saddled up for the first time, yee-haw. Rode up to the volcano vent, came down through the cattle lands at sunset. Sccoted my sore ass home, ate some trail mix for dinner. Passed out.




Can't really even touch on anything but the outline of events. My mind is just full to bursting with thoughts. ideas. ambitions. ridiculousness. Scribbling it all onto a little sand-and-water-crusted notebook. Maybe I'll get some of it into the blog one of these days.

..

1 comment:

  1. Oh Alicia!! This sounds so unbelievably wonderful!!! I am thrilled that you are soaking all of it in. And apparently I am going to have to visit Hawaii at some point in my life!!

    ReplyDelete