Wednesday, December 1, 2010

My grandmother makes more money than you do

Well well-a-well,
I printed off the last sheet and got to the post office 5 minutes before closing, got the precious post-date stamp, got the grant application out of my hair. Then I went next door and spent 10 dollars on gourmet chocolate for dinner. Well well-a-well, I think I deserve it. I ate some on the way home and laughed out loud when I heard myself think, "This is it, baby. You're an artist. This is your life." Jesus Mary & Joseph - so it is.
Now I get an hour of lying-around-reading-Bukowski time. Nothing takes the edge off a grant-writing-hangover like Bukoswki. Real plain, real dirty.
"You and your typewriter. You and your tiny checks. My grandmother makes more money than you do!"
This is it, baby.
..

No comments:

Post a Comment