Thursday, December 9, 2010

Defragging

One theory I have heard about dreaming is that it's the brain's way of defragging. This makes sense to me. I tend to have a similar cast of characters, and similar settings in my dreams these days. But the scenarios change drastically. I'm thinking about last night's dreams, and the shift in tone. Yesterday's conversations, and the thoughts they provoked, made enough of an impact on my mind that even in sleep my brain was trying to adjust my outlook to reflect these new ideas. I am totally fascinated by the brain. If I had to pick another career I think I'd be a neurologist. If just one little thing changes in, say, our 'belief' system, think of how many thousands of situations we have to adjust to. I just think it's very exciting when you can see/feel this in action, watch it happening in your dreams.
Show tomorrow.... people only seem to rsvp when they can't make it. So lots of people aren't coming, that's all I know. But I don't mind. They already know me, know some of my music. My only real hope is that there will be some people there that I don't know - fresh, unbiased listeners. That's the scary shit. That's real.
As I'm sitting here, my cat is behind me on the couch, biting my head. He's a real biter, once he realizes that you can take it. Ouch, now he has my ear. I trust him, though. We all show our affection in different ways. I feel like I could easily let myself write for hours this morning. A lot of blogging backed-up, lots of things to say. But I've got to practice.

..

No comments:

Post a Comment