Saturday, March 26, 2011

So much for the lambs. This new keyboard of mine is way too seductive, and I couldn't get away from it all day. Just took a little walk before dinner to get some blood moving. DAMN I love sitting at my keyboard, in front of my open windows, looking out at the water, feeling the spring air, and practicing. Why do I keep forgetting that practice is not boring? It's not boring if I'm present and awake - things continually evolve and change. Repetition is not really repetition. There is too much to do with these keys. Too many options, all the time. New songs grow out of mistakes. The body is engaged and thus not restless. And there's the kind of focused concentration that allows for thoughts to ruminate far back in the mind unconsciously. It brings everything in and yet allows for so much expansion at the same time.
I also just had a few glasses of champagne and feel quite nicely right now.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment