Tuesday, April 19, 2011

resting

I feel scrambled like 3 eggs. Like a bowl of soppy eggs.
A lot of activity during the days, a lot of activity in my mind.
Really happy about playing new material with my band. Full of ambition to get more music finished so I can start planning the next album. Tomorrow is a day at home, then Thursday I work and have a gig, then Friday through Monday is free time. Free. All for me. I can hardly believe it! I need to spend some time neutralizing my brain. I know I say this about every 3 days. Each time I say it like something dramatic has happened. It's always the same old story, and every time I feel just as scrambled-eggy.
A friend teased me about my metaphor use once and I see that he had good reason to. I love metaphors, but they probably don't love me because I flog them so. I am tempted to continue my egg metaphor now and say that the problem with being whipped into a souffle is that sometimes you just suddenly deflate.
There, I said it. ha ha!
(I don't actually know if souffles can deflate. I imagine that they must.)
I just plow through my time in the city, burn up tons of social energy. And then I come home and ploooooffff, all the air goes out of me. I've probably talked more in the last 3 days than John Wayne characters do in an entire lifetime. I don't know if this is possible, but I have a stomach ache from talking too much.
Ugh.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment