Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Zounds!

It's been over a month since my last blog.
Most of this elapsed time has been spent in the running of a musical festival & programmes. Hard work, long hours, no real time off. Very nearly all-consuming. But it finished on Friday, and I'm on vacation this week. Relief ain't in it!
At present I am sitting in my bed under the blankets. It was a day spent mostly inside, practicing, but with an awareness of the outside, and occasional breaks outside in the sun. During one of these breaks, while reading on the hammock, a contumelious wasp stung the bottom of my foot. (My day was relaxed and straight-forward enough to render this an interesting event.) After the initial pain passed its peak, I was pleased to observe that this was the first time I'd weathered a bee-sting without hysterics. (I've been working on quelling my fear of stripey buzzy things that fly, and was wondering if I had progressed to the stage where I might tolerate a sting with reasonable fortitude. A satisfactory result.)
Well, there you are. I am now warmed up and ready to launch into a full summary of my life til now, but all of a sudden I'm overcome with sleepiness.

Tomorrow we'll see how things stand.

..


No comments:

Post a Comment