Sunday, March 4, 2012

visuals

Here is a little picture-book of a day in my life here.
(Let's say, a non-work day starting with breakfast out...)

The nearby Hotel Atlantis for breakfast.



(I tried to inconspicuously take a picture of the tables. Instead I got the spoon.)

And then, after enough coffee... heading down the beach towards the fish-shack restaurant. Stopping for swims along the way.

The hard part: very soft sand on a slope. Like walking lopsidedly through brown sugar.

An hour later: the reward.

Waves in front of the restaurant - to soak off the rum.

Walking back, re-entering the calm windless zone towards the end of the point, where the water calls again. (Resoaking the now nearly-dry bathing suit.)

Back home. Cool and quiet.

Afternoon diversions: writing music, writing lyrics, studying Spanish, reading British mysteries, and sometimes even sewing. (The pink thing is a little purse I sewed out of a bandana and clothes-line rope. I just needed something to carry some pesos and my kobo or journal in that I could tie around my waist for long beach walks! Please don't look closely at the stitches.)

Late afternoon: splashing in waves again (this time at the beach in front of our bungalows), while the sun gets lower in the sky.

Evening: eating dinner on the prickly grass out front, under the palms. (Sky usually darker by this point.)

...moon and stars follow...


.

No comments:

Post a Comment