Sunday, January 29, 2012

out from the jungle, into the sun



Our new digs. Hallelujah. Clean and bright, with the beach just outside our door. Yes, I am sorry to say that I'm not quite as rugged as I might like to think. I tried to make the best of our Jurassic Park experience (hell, I even said I relished it - ha!), but after 4 nights in our humid, dark, grimey hovel, I was done.
I don't need to relate the whole story. Suffice it to say that while exploring the exquisite Playa Bonita, (with long faces full of longing), we were rescued by a sweet Swiss man who recognized our need and managed to get us into an apartment... fully equipped with a kitchen stocked with cookware, high-power fans, a shower with serious water pressure, (yes, truly - hot as well as cold!), wifi, a beautiful patio, and even daily maid service. Only now that we're settled in are we realizing how on-edge and cranky we both were from day 1 as a result of our general discomforture and ever-constant demons of aversion! (A question of: acceptance or just change?) So, here we are. Working away happily, puttering in and out of doors, making lunch and eating it on the beach, going for a swim, walking in the surf and then cleaning up with hot showers, amusing ourselves with attempts at Spanish, and generally revelling in this new lifestyle. Me encanto esto!


...

No comments:

Post a Comment